This short film main motive is to spread the awareness about most dangerous transmitted disease AIDS. Migration focuses on the sensitive issue of AIDS awareness and stars Irrfan Khan, Shiny Ahuja and Raima Sen in lead roles.
Shiney Ahuja, Tinnu Anand, Raima Sen, Ashok Beniwal, Sameera Reddy, Sulabha Deshpande, Vijay Raaz, Irrfan Khan, Tanvi Azmi, Arjun Mathur
- Director : Mira Nair
- Executive Producer : Mira Nair
- Writer : Zoya Akhtar
- Producers : Shernaz Italia, Freny Khodaiji
- Dialogues : Vishal Bhardwaj
- Associate Producer : Ami Boghani
- Director of Photography: Jay J. Odedra
- Production Designer : Stephanie Carroll
- Music Director : Mychael Danna
- Editor: Barry Alexander Brown
- Costume Designer : Arjun Bhasin
- Line Producer: Miriam Joseph
- Casting Designer: Loveleen Tandan
- Production Supervisor: Stuti Ramachandra
Irrfan Khan, Sameera Reddy, Raima Sen and Shiney Ahuja have done wonderful acting in this film. The direction is also very good. The message about AIDS disease is communicated very well. The storyline leans on a tired and disproven cliche that the source of the infection was the gay relationship.
It implies this, and blame is placed on the gay man unable to satisfy his wife. I expected a much richer narrative from Mira. Also, if this is to benefit all of India (given the very last scene where the woman does not even understand what HIV/ AIDS is in English), you would assume Mira would have the foresight to make the public service message “Protect those you love, wear a condom” in Hindi and Urdu. Migration is one of the most disturbing and the best in Jagoo series.
FILMYWALL RATING : 3.75/5